The Best Two Years

Two years ago today I sat in the Salt Lake Temple with my very best friend. Although we had had a short courtship, he knew me well. We were given a few moments to visit before joining our family and friends in the room in which we would be sealed. This true friend turned to me and said, "I have something in my pocket for you." I knew immediately he meant my wedding ring, this should have delighted me, but it reminded me that I did not have his wedding ring in my pocket. Wedding dresses do not typically have pockets, which, in part, led to this situation. In my excitement to get ready in the dressing room I had forgotten to get Nathan's ring. Fortunately, there was time to go back to the dressing room to remedy this little problem. That is one time he saved me from a potentially embarrassing moment.
In the last two years he has been a true help-meet to me, gently reminding me of things I should remember, listening to me process various topics, being my favorite shopping companion and making me laugh everyday. For example, just today we were at Fred Meyer where they had Gatorade on sale. I have found recently that I like the Gatorade and it helps me stay hydrated, helping the nausea. It was 88 cents, quite a deal, but with a coupon it was only 77 cents. I know! The stipulation was that you could only buy four. We decided we would each take a coupon, four bottles and pay separately. There was one point of dispute, could we go to one line or should we go to different check outs. I laughed and laughed when Nathan said we needed to go to different check stands. Would the clerk refuse to sell us the Gatorade at the reduced price? I went along and went to another check stand and then pretended I didn't know him afterwards to avoid the risk of getting caught after the fact. Thanks to Nathan, we are currently in good standing with our local Fred Meyer.
Nathan is constantly complimenting me, expressing gratitude and saying kind things. Yeah, I am a lucky gal. Therefore, it always makes me laugh when he says things that could be taken otherwise. He showed you a picture of my belly, what he didn't include was what he initially said. At twelve weeks I felt my uterus stretch and pull and then pop there was my belly. I pointed this out to my sweetheart and Dr. Bay responded, "Is that supposed to happen already?" I laughed and responded, "Whether it is supposed to or not, it did."
I could go on, but I have to go get ready for our romantic dinner date.
5 Comments:
Ohhhhhhh Congratulations! I love that picture of the two of you.
I laughed that you wrote "the Gatorade". Like how old people say, "the BYU".
Jay and I still refer to "Belisian" as the native language of Belize. You did marry a funny guy!
Happy anniversary!
We're glad he had the sense to make you part of the family.
I've put you guys in my favorites list. I can't wait to come back again and again for Bay updates. Word to both of your mommas.
I surprised that you "cheated" Fred Meyer out of all of that money. Shocking! I think Billy would be excited to know that you are a Gatorade lover. Makes you more athletic. Hope you are having fun with your preganncy! Did you already get an ultrasound? Twins, maybe? Husbands for my girls. hmmmmmm
Hey, just let Nathan know I had a pooch like when I was about twenty minutes pregnant with Emilee :) Happy anniversary. I just love your blog!
Wecky
Post a Comment
<< Home