Thursday, August 24, 2006

And Raisin is a.....Raisinette!

Nathan: I was on OB call on Tuesday. OB call in Salem, Oregon is much less busy than OB call in Salt Lake City, Utah. I think that this is largely a reflection on fertility indices. I spent most of the day just cooling my heels, reading, watching movies, and hanging out. However, it was a very nice precursor to Wednesday, because we got a new family portrait. It was a super fun day. Afterwards we all went up to Portland in the family car.
















Alicia: If you can't tell, we went for an ultrasound yesterday. It was really a lot of fun to see our little Raisin. The baby is doing great and all body parts are developing correctly. As far as we can tell, Raisin is a girl. The ultrasonographer wasn't willing to make any guarantees, but we all thought Raisin sure looked like a girl. She (the ultrasonographer) actually said that she would give us a 90% probability of being a girl, though Raisin still might be a shy boy. The lady commented that she was an active little baby and I told her she got that from Nathan. We have included some pictures, so let us know whether you think she favors me or Nathan more.



Nathan: If some of you think that the bottom picture is Raisin sucking her thumb, then, YOU ARE WRONG! Somebody who will remain nameless asked the ultrasonographer, and was told that it is just Raisin lifting her arm up BY HER HEAD! I think that she is really just putting her arms behind her head in the Bay family After-Dinner-Position. Though she may be offering a dainty greeting.

After we went to Portland to take care of company business, we took care of family business. We purchased the family maternity wear, or at least a few articles of it. I call it the family maternity wear, but I promise not to wear it, even though it looks pretty hot. The lady who modelled it (see picture above) is starting to get this cute little belly (well, actually it is an enlarged uterus protruding through the abdomino-pelvis). After some reflection, mainly with sound waves, we are ninety percent confident that enlarged abdomino-pelvis is a package of Raisin, and that she is developing properly.

We are so excited for Raisin to come out and play, and will keep you posted.



4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

That family portrait is HYSTERICAL and a little wrong. But so enjoyable.
Congratulations!! Yay! My girl was also only "90% girl" until she came out. Now she's like, oh, I'd say at least 140%.
Can't wait to meet the Raisinette.

Fri Aug 25, 08:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Julie Castellon said...

I am a little teary eyed right now. You are really going to have a baby!! You know I have dial-up... so I was wondering why you would take a picture standing behind that statue thing. It me a few seconds after the picture loade5d to tfig7ure7 out w6hat6 it was. (see if you can translate that. Rachel is helping me type and I got t3ired of backspaceingre ) Can;'t wait to see raisinette!!

Fri Aug 25, 09:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Annette said...

Hooray! Eleanor is dancing with joy. Two little girl cousins!

Fri Aug 25, 10:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!

I just know you want to name her Rebecca Jane!! :) I am so excited for you. I can only imagine that Nathan is beside himself and Weesy is trying to get him off of the ceiling! Congratulations. I can't wait to meet her and teach her some Beatle songs!!!

Becky

Mon Aug 28, 02:06:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home