Friday, February 16, 2007

Smiles and Such

We are going to need to change the name of our blog to "All Rowan, All the Time".

Nathan and I got her to smile for us last night. It was not gas nor was it part of a sleep cycle, this child was responding to our laughing. Nathan took about a dozen pictures in an effort to catch this monumental moment and this is the closest we came to capturing what we experienced.




Rowan often raises her left eyebrow, which was my signiture look when I was a school teacher. She also uses it to express a combination of curiosity and concern.



A couple of days ago I was talking to her while she was showing signs of hunger. I asked if she was hungry and she put her hand to her mouth like the sign for food. Yep, she is that brilliant.

Don't worry, this is not because she is going hungry. We went in for a weight check this morning and the girl is 20.5 inches long and 8 lbs 9 oz. Rowan and I were on our own for the first time for the getting ready and driving there. Arriving on time, both of us bathed and ready gave me a surprising sense of accomplishment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

LOL... that one-eyebrow look is classic!

Fri Feb 16, 12:25:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home