Saturday, January 27, 2007

Introducing....

And so, Dr. West came in. After a sterile preparation, he performed an episotomy under local anesthesia. After the vacuum port was placed on the head, Alicia had a contraction. On the second attempt, at 1:52pm, we welcomed our dear little daughter into the world.



And so, without further ado, we are delighted to introduce the beautiful, the talented, and the charmingly enchanting:


ROWAN GABRIELLE BAY












Her mother is doing great, though I think she is tired. My two ladies are super good looking!












Born: 1/27/2007, 1:52pm PST
Weight: 7 lbs 13.2 oz
Length: 18.5 inches long
Hours of active labor: 18.5 hours
Total hours of labor: 27 hours
Total hours of active pushing: 3 hours

After the birth, the winners of the contest are as follows:

Hyrum Bay - who guessed the date correctly (Honorable mention to Taylor Eyestone who also selected the date, but didn't submit his date soon enough). Hyrum was called shortly after the birth and was delighted to hear about his new cousin

Miriam Bay - who guessed the length correctly (honorable mention to Joyce Bay, and KC Davies as above). Actual noises will be sent shortly.

Heidi Farrell - who guessed the time of active labor most correctly. We hope yours is shorter. The nose flute pictures to be sent after the baby returns home

Heidi Farrell - who was closest to the correct weight with 7 lbs 11 oz. I'm sure you'll be able to use the bulb suction syringe.

Ruth Pimentel - Winner of the birth time, only 8 minutes off. Pictures of Rowan were sent to her (via email) about 2 minutes before posting this blog.



Thanks to all who participated.

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

She's so cute! And Alicia, I can see that you're one of those lucky few moms who look great in their labor and delivery photos. We're so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet little Rowan!

Sat Jan 27, 07:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Annette said...

What a beautiful baby! And Alicia, you do not look like you just went through 20 hours of labor. Congratulations.

Sat Jan 27, 09:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ruth said...

Yay! She's gorgeous.

Sat Jan 27, 11:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger Coleen said...

She's adorable! I just want to snuggle her and kiss her chubby little cheeks. Kudos go to Alicia for your long arduous labor. You're a better woman than I am. You're also a better sport to let your husband take pictures and share them with the world, but we sure enjoyed being part of the great event! Good luck to both of you!

Sun Jan 28, 04:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Love the pictures - such a sweet little thing! Good documentation of the event Nathan. Violet liked the pictures too. She asked what the baby's name was and then said "Rowan. She's the smartest baby on Earth!"

Sun Jan 28, 07:54:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weesy, I want to cry that you ever had to push that long. I will never complain about Brendon's labor again (that is to anyone who knows you :::). I can't believe she is that big as you are so petite. She is beautiful and I hope you are getting some rest!

Tue Jan 30, 11:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger Angela said...

She is SOOOOOOO darling. That little round face is so perfect. I was out of town and missed all the posts leading up to this, but what a thrill to read. Alicia, you ARE a trooper, I can't believe you were still smiling at the end of that long haul. And you LOOK FANTASTIC. Women who's just birthed babies don't looke that good! I love love love the name too. YAY ROWAN!!! I'm so glad you are here.
Congratulations to all of you!!

Tue Jan 30, 05:01:00 PM PST  
Blogger Autumn and Dan's family said...

She is beautiful! I love her name too!

Sun Feb 04, 02:38:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home