And entries for the contest are now closed...
January 26th, 2007
12:50pm PST
Last Wednesday, Alicia had a doctor's appointment. When checking her vital signs, Dr. Peterson' noted that Alicia's blood pressures had been increasing. After a set of serial blood pressure checks, Alicia was placed on bedrest, and we were scheduled for a non-stress test (NST) this morning. While Alicia did her best at being on bedrest for 1.5 days, she did need frequent reminders from her husband that he was supposed to do the dishes, cook, and generally take care of business.
I arranged to have the day off, and, after sleeping in a bit, we headed down to the hospital for the non-stress test. Interesting note here. It is called a non-stress test most likely to decrease that amount of stress that you feel (kind of like Greenland is called Greenland to entice tourism). However, in order to make the day a little more exciting, we were made to wait in the waiting area about 35 minutes. Finally, we went into a little room where they connected Alicia to a little monitor, and gave her some Sprite. Her blood pressure was still up, and, even though our little Raisin looked especially great on the monitor (see picture), Dr. Peterson decided that it was time to admit Alicia.
While Alicia was changing into a fashionable gown, I ran home to get a few clothing items, put the dishes in the dishwasher and get some paperwork to work on. I rushed to drive out to the hospital, and as I was driving away, thought to myself, "Hmmm, did I shut the garage?" I figured I was going to be gone for a long time, so I turned around to drive back and check. Yep, I had already shut it. However, I did notice that someone had left a big box on the porch. I stopped the car, grabbed the box, and threw it in the car and drove away. As I was doing this, I noticed a car full of ladies who were gaping at me as I did this. They followed me for awhile, all the time starring and pointing. I would have stopped to explain, but, my wife was having a baby. I sped off.
Back at the hospital, Alicia is starting to have contractions. She is super glowing, and lovely. I will keep updating this as things progress. But here is a little tour. This is the Pitocin that is making her have those contractions.
This is Nancy, our nurse. She is super helpful. For instance, she made sure that the Pitocin was running, started the IV, and sent our labs.
This is our beautiful baby girl. At least her heart rate as compared to Alicia's contractions. The top line is Raisin's little heart rate, and the bottom line are the contractions. Isn't she beautiful? If you're not sure, rest assurred, she is.
Further updates as things progress....
Nathan
1 Comments:
I'm so excited. This is by FAR the best news I've heard all day...even if it means my guess on the delivery date was a little off. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home