Contest Update...
After reviewing the data for the contest, we have constructed a few charts and graphs.
Calenders for the months of January 2007, February 2007, and November 2007 (Good luck, Autumn) are included with the appropriate date and times marked. If more than one person has selected a date, the person who first selected the date has been given an (*) asterisk.
To see the calendar more closely, just click on it with your mouse.



This last is a chart that shows each entrant's guess for birthweight in a chart from the lightest (2 lbs. for Autumn and Hyrum Bay) to over 15 lbs (Alicia's sister who, for having entered that large, cruel number, will now be forced to deliver 9 lbs triplets in 4 years. You can't mess with Murphy's Law, Mallory).
Click on chart for details.

I didn't include the mean, mode, or standard error of the mean. What data points should I put up next?
Yep, we've had too much time this week with Nathan off of work.
6 Comments:
I got an asterisk! and, I'd say that if anyone landed on the average weight graph, it would be, well, someone really close to me.
oh wait, getting an asterisk doesn't get me a prize huh.
Even though Miri beat me to Jan 13th, I still like it so I am sticking with it.
I hope Mom, Raisin, and Dad continue to do well. I'm excited to be an Aunt again.
Uncle Jim
Love the charts. I feel more at peace with the contest now. Before, when I was trying to read all of the comments, I was just feeling so overwhelmed wondering how on earth Alicia could give birth amidst so much confusion.
Make sure you are resting up Alicia. I am so excited for you guys!!!
You know, I just read the "Expectant Parent Series" post and I am so sad that I didn't comment there. So, I must add my 20 cents (inflation). I don't get many opportunities to talk about birthin' babies. Most people around me are speakers and not listeners... and when I talk to my daughters about my experiences, I will be so old school that it won't be as fun.
I loved the comments on epidurals. Elias had a shock because he watched it. I just thought it was a glorious blessing. I did "forget" to breathe... I was just trying to survive and the nurse had to get after me. I was a "failure to progress" statistic. I am sure your labor will be smooth as butter. Elias and I didn't ever take the classes, bummer. Hence, he couldn't help me breathe.
To take to the hospital: movies, music all nice ideas...There is a lot of down time...a book/magazine is nice if you are going to be alone... loved the dried apricots idea. Super important. Beware the constipation!
I also loved having all of my important toiletries. My cleanser and moisturizer, toothbrush etc. Made me feel like a real person. I also took my make-up... but I was there four days.. I loved taking a shower and feeling clean again.
When I had Brigham I took my own "nightgown" it was a T-shirt... but then I had to have an emergency C-section and a lot of magnesium sulfate for toxemia... The T-shirt stayed on for over two days, it was under the hospital gown.. and I couldn't take it off until I got the IV out. Nightmare! I wish they would have cut the thing off of me.
That is when I stopped sleeping in T-shirts. TMI, TMI
For the baby you need a little outfit to go home in, a blanket and a car seat... but Nathan can pick all of that up. I would just worry about you going in. : )
Here is a tender story... When I was pregnant I would always sing "Baby Mine" and rub my belly. Then in the hospital Brigham was fussy and crying and I started singing "Baby Mine" and he quieted down immediately... till I couldn't sing anymore because I was crying. It was a really beautiful moment...
Okay, the two of you have WAY too much time on your hands. Enjoy it while it lasts!!! :)
Becky
Well, I'm a day late and a dollar short as usual. I've been trying to get onto your blog several times and either our provider was down or your site wouldn't let me on. Anyway, now that I'm here, let me make my prophetess predictions. I think Raisinette will be born on February 3rd at 1:00 pm. I think she will be 19 inches long and weigh 6lbs 4oz. I believe Alicia will be in labor for 8 hours. Sorry, but I'm not the bald guy, but he could log on and I couldn't. Good luck, Coleen
Post a Comment
<< Home