Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Breakfast and Good Friends

When Nathan and I came to Salem to look for a house we found one of our favorite restaurants, Busick Court. This place has amazing breakfast food! I have mentioned it before, the restaurant that was featured on the Food Network. Last April, when we made this discovery, we said, "This is the place we will take people who come to visit us in Salem". Our dreams have finally been fulfilled, as this cute family came for a visit last Saturday. I was worried that I had hyped it up a little too much, but they didn't seem disappointed. In fact, I think they are working on a plan to move to Salem.












You may be asking, "Who is this cute family that would stop by to see Nathan and Alicia?" Or, "Why is Alicia so obsessed with breakfast foods?" I will try to answer the first, the second will remain a mystery to us all. Angela and I served together as missionaries on Temple Square. I looked up to her and as you can see, I still do. There are other reasons for this beyond the obvious height difference, she is one of the most sincere people I know. She is also an amazing and devoted friend. Beyond all of that goodness, she is hilarious! Don't believe me, check out her blog. We have a link just to the left, Dancing Without Rhythm, so you really have no excuse.














Since leaving Temple Square, she has married this great guy and had two adorable kids. Want to know more? Really her link is right there. They had a busy itinerary and so we only had a few hours with them, but we really enjoyed their visit. Her son was surprised that we knew what his Halloween costume had been, so Nathan showed them how we read about their adventures. We look forward to reading about the rest of their trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

What great photos! You are really getting the hospitality workout this week. Thanks for taking Sam in for Thanksgiving!

Wed Nov 22, 03:04:00 AM PST  
Blogger Angela said...

Wow, what an adorable family!

"As you can see, I still do" cracked me up.

I forget sometimes that is was the mission that brought us together. Let's rewrite our history, for the love of good breakfast food. So I don't "know how to say no to Eggs Benedict".

You are seriously the CUTEST lil' pregnant lady. And that breakfast truly was superb. We could totally do PR for you if you'd like more visitors...

Mon Nov 27, 01:02:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home