Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Anticipation

For the last few weeks Nathan and I have been pretty obsessed with the impending arrival of our baby. The official due date is this Saturday and we realize that first babies tend to go past this appointed time, but it still has occupied our thoughts. Consequently, we have tried, especially the last week and a half, to stay busy.

Here are a few things we have done to do that:

Prepared talks for sacrament meeting after we realized we wouldn't be able to use the labor excuse to get out of it.
Presented those talks.
Friends came over with cookies and a game.
Friends came over with cookies and let us make dinner for them.
Watched Back to the Future II, because Nathan had never seen it. It is still my least favorite in the triology.
Went to the nearby towns of Monmouth and Independence and did a self-guided walking tour.
Went to the mall to walk around because it was raining outside.
Went to the Aviation Museum in McMinneville. We enjoyed seeing the Spruce Goose and other planes that are display and walking around.
Drove to West Salem, which is technically a part of incorporated Salem, but seems like it is a totally seperate community. It is not different, it just requires crossing a bridge to get there.
Drove to parts of Salem that we had not previously explored.
Attended church. Actually, this did not distract us because everyone now realized that the baby is due soon and therefore said something about it.
Had a delicious dinner at our friends' house and admired their baby.
Were delighted that a new episode of Heroes was on and enjoyed it very much.
Went to Minto Brown, a local bird preserve that is down the street to walk around and enjoy the warmer weather.

Overall, it has been a pretty good week and a half. It looks like we will have time to get in a few more walks and even have a chance to watch Back to the Future III before this little girl arrives!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Weesy, the best comments come after your due date. Such as when I was still at work (six days after the due date) and one of my new students asked, "When are you due" to which I replied "six days ago". It tends to stop the conversation dead in its tracks . . :) You'll make it! And whatever you do, if the baby is late don't do any of the old wives tales that are supposed to get the child here any faster. Only the child will decide unless you intervene with pitocen :)

Wecky

Wed Jan 24, 10:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Brianne said...

Alicia,
I've been reading your blog every once in a while to check up on you. It's so nice to read about how you are doing. I just realized that I should probably tell you how we are doing. Our little Taryn was born on 12/12/06 at 12:40a.m. About 4 weeks early. She was 4lbs. 8oz. 17 3/4 inches. She is so fun! I need your email address to send you pictures. She is 6 weeks now and doing really well. Just beautiful, as all babies in our family tend to be. I can't wait to see your sweetheart! She's going to be gorgeous. You, Nathan, and Raisin are in our prayers! I love you!
Love, Your Cousin Brianne

Thu Jan 25, 04:41:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home