Labor Day Weekend
For the Labor Day weekend Nathan and I went to Arizona in an attempt to avoid any type of labor. A manager from Lowe's called just make sure we were doing all right. Actually, we went to Arizona to visit my family. My brother Taylor will turn 19 in a few months and was ordained an elder on Sunday. We also wanted to see the new baby, McKenna.

We arrived Saturday at mid-day and set off for a day of fun in the sun. This included lunch from "the famous Gecko Grill", swimming, playing with nephews and a new niece and mostly visiting with the family. We did find time to watch the BYU game, which ended a fun day on a sad note. Nathan also experienced Arizona monsoon season rains that evening and was impressed with the quick down pour.
On Sunday Taylor was ordained an elder. McKenna was given a name and a blessing following that and Taylor was able to participate. Both were special experiences and we were grateful to be there. Later that evening my family surprised Nathan and I with a little shower. Here is a picture of us being showered with presents.

Raisin made out like a bandit. She received two quilts, several cute outfits and hair bows. I think it made us a little more impatient for her arrival! Our nephews Colby and Brendon were very helpful in showing us how some of the gifts were to be used.

After the opening of presents, my brothers Taylor and Golden gave us a few child safety tips and helpful demonstrations.


Monday we made time for one more trip to Gecko Grill, yes, it is that good. Then we were able to visit with some of my aunts, uncles and cousins. After that we had to go back to the airport. It was a short trip, but we had a great time!
5 Comments:
LOVE the name McKenna. She's got a perfect little face.
Do they have Gecko Grills in Texas...
She is very sweet.
There is only one Gecko Grill. It is worth stopping by if you ever find yourself in Gilbert, AZ. Or if J ever is there on business have him take some home for you. We are trying to work on the owner regarding a franchise and the one to be in Oregon.
You're having a real baby! Can you believe it? Isn't it so fun to get little tiny things and imagine Raisin (I call her Raven in my heart : ) actually wearing them? Then when the tiny, tiny thing is really here... Hmmm, Hmmm. Fun!
Is your brother going on a mission? How is your family? It looks like you had such a fun weekend.
What do you eat at Gecko Grill?
I'm surprised Nathan didn't participate in the baby safety demonstration.
Okay, I'm ashamed that I live in the state and don't visit Gecko Grill as often as I should. I'm crying silently at my desk thinking about my old boyfriend Taylor being 19 years old. That makes me feel . . so . . . old ;)
Glad you got to see the family and the new wee one!
Becky
Post a Comment
<< Home